- This event has passed.
Affordable Care Act Open Enrollment
November 1, 2021 - January 15, 2022
Open enrollment Affordable Care Act begins for remote assistance with ACA health insurance, go to ncnavigator.net or call toll free 1-855-733-3711
Open Enrollment for 2022 runs Monday, November 1, 2021–Saturday, January 15, 2022
Starting November 1, you can log into HealthCare.gov, fill out an application, and enroll in a 2022 Marketplace health plan. Enroll by December 15, 2021 for coverage that starts January 1, 2022.
Plans and prices for 2022 will be available to preview shortly before November 1.
If you still need coverage for the rest of 2021:
- See if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period due to a life event, like losing other coverage, moving, getting married, or having a baby. You may also be able to enroll now if you got or were approved to get unemployment compensation in 2021. (The Marketplace will follow up with you shortly after you submit your application if you’re eligible for this Special Enrollment Period.) If eligible, you may qualify for help paying for coverage, even if you weren’t eligible in the past. Learn more about lower costs.
- See if you qualify for Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). You can apply for these programs any time.
End highlighted text
Get ready to apply for 2022 coverage
Here are some ways to get ready before November 1:
- Get a quick overview of the Health Insurance Marketplace®.
- See if you’ll save on health insurance coverage (based on 2021 information, which will change slightly for 2022).
- Learn how to estimate your income for your application.
- Use this checklist (PDF, 160 MB) to gather documents you’ll need.
- Visit our Find Local Help page and search by city and state or ZIP code to find trained helpers in your community.